Sunday, May 4, 2008

Don’t Wait Another Day, Do it NOW!

A candle burns brightly; then suddenly with one quick puff of air, it burns no longer. This visual of the candle burning and then going out can be paralleled to life: my life ….your life. I couldn’t help think about this as I watched my dad pass away a few short weeks ago. He had a long, full life, and like the candle once lighting the room, it shone no more and darkness fell. I will never forget how sad, yet so beautiful the experience of being with my dad during the final few hours of his life. I still find it difficult to grasp that I will never see him again.

While I often reflect on the hours I watched him pass away, I couldn’t help but think of my own life. What do I want to do with my life? How do I want to be remembered? Those thoughts created a sense of urgency, and through the last few hours of my dad’s life, he gave me the strength to think about my legacy and how I wanted to make a difference.

What about you? Are you someone who has a desire to do something, yet are afraid to make that change? Perhaps you want to change careers, or you want to start a business or maybe you need to end a relationship. Life is fleeting. I encourage you to think about how you are spending your time. Are you happy? If not, think about what you can do to change. Better yet, think about what will happen if you don’t make a change. How will you feel at the end of your life if you don’t follow your heart and live your dream? Think about the people who could have benefited from what you had to offer and how it may have changed their life for the better.

Now, you don’t need to lose a loved one to know how precious life is and how short life is. But you can be awakened to that reality, take the lesson, and do something about it. Don’t wait as if you have endless tomorrows. You don’t. Start making changes today.

To Your Success!

Julie A. Henderson
Princesss of Persistence

No comments: