Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dream BIG

When I was a young girl, I dreamed about being a Mom and at a tender age of ten years, I even had the name of my baby picked out: a boy named Jeff. When I was a teen, I dreamed of owning my own car and as a young woman, I dreamed of owning a home. As I got older, my dream was to own my own business, and now I dream of becoming a founder of a worthwhile cause. I love to dream. Someone said dreams are what make life tolerable, and perhaps there is truth to that, because dreams really do get me excited and when I am excited, I am positive, happy and live in anticipation and expectation. I actually BELIEVE that my dreams will come true. It’s the Law of Attraction, what we focus us grows and when we are in good vibration, there is no way it can’t happen.

Today, I am living my dreams. I have a son named Jeffrey, a brand new car, a lovely home, and I own my own business. I am working toward building a foundation and my goal is to do that with the proceeds of my book, Expect Success – Be Unstoppable, A Woman’s Secret Recipe.

In his book, Awakening the Entrepreneur Within, Michael E. Gerber, talks about two types of dreams, the personal and the impersonal. The personal, he calls “incremental dreams” because when they are fulfilled, we are now in need of other dreams to pursue to replace them. There is no end to them! The impersonal, however, are the ones that awaken the entrepreneur. The impersonal dream is just that – it is anything but personal. Michael says: it is not about you and it is not about me. It is about “sudden seeing” of a possibility.

At an earlier age, my dreams were personal, but now, they are so much bigger and they are not about me, they are about making a difference, to give back, and to live with purpose and to accomplish what I was designed to do.

What do you dream about? Imagine what you would attempt, if you knew you could not fail. How would you feel if you made an impact in the lives of others? How will you feel if you don’t follow your heart and live out your dream?

If you want to be larger than life, you need a dream that's larger than life. Small dreams won't serve you or anyone else. It takes the same amount of time to dream small as it does to dream big. So be dream BIG!

To Your Success!

Julie A. Henderson
Princess of Persistence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I love your energy and the way you think. Although my story is not as dramatic as your, I also find my inspiration from my kids. My life has only been really changing dramatically in the last month since I found 'Liberty League', but this is the legacy I have dedicated myself to passing on. It is truly in the same vibe as all the books you listed as being of interest. (www.libertyleague.com/singlesteps)
Keep up the inspirations coming.